You can invite multiple customers at one time when you are ready to start using the customer portal. You can also invite customers individually.
To invite customers to the portal, complete the following steps:
- Select Customer Portal in the left navigation area.
- Make sure that the Invite Customers tab is selected at the top of the screen.
- Select Create next to the customer's name if this is the first time you are trying to send an invite for this specific customer.
- Select Invite next to the customer's name.
Or to invite multiple customers at one time:
- Check the box next to each customer you want to invite. Make sure 3 above has been completed for the selected customers.
- Select the Choose Action drop down list at the top of the customer list.
- Select Send Invites.
The invitations are immediately sent.
Invited customers will have a Re-invite option next to their names until they accept the invitation. Once a customer has created a user name and password to access the Customer Portal, the item next to the name says Accepted.
You can select Preview to see the customer portal that the customers will see.
When you send an invitation to a customer to join the customer portal, they receive an email with a link to get started on viewing and managing their own invoices.
To accept an invitation to the customer portal, the customer should complete the following steps:
- Select the Get Started link in the emailed invitation to join the portal.
- Enter a User Login name and Password on the Set Portal Password screen. Repeat the password and select Set Password.
- Now enter the User Name and Password on the Login to Customer Portal screen.