You can edit any of your reminder templates to use different text or colors.
There are two ways to open a reminder template you want to edit.
- On the Edit Invoice Reminder screen when you are scheduling before due date actions, after due date actions, or invoice statements.
- Directly from the Reminder Schedule screen.
To open a reminder template from the Reminder Schedule screen, select the pencil icon next to the reminder you want to edit.
The left side of the Edit Reminder Template screen allows you to edit the template. The right side allows you to preview the template. Note that the content and values in the preview are for display purposes only and don't represent a real invoice in your system.
To edit a reminder template, complete the following steps:
- Edit the Template Name if desired to help you organize your templates in other ares of InvoiceSherpa.
- Enter the email address to use as the From Address, such as from accounting department, or a specific person.
- Edit the Subject Line. The default Subject Line includes the name of the company defined in InvoiceSherpa with additional text identifying the type of reminder. Note the Company_Name scripted variable is included by default.
- Edit the Header Text to show at the top of the email.
Enter the Hex number (in the format #xxxxxx) to use for the Header Text Color. You can also select the color from a color palette by selecting the box next to the color field.
- The logo associated with the company from which the invoice will be sent is automatically included. You can change the logo by dragging and dropping the image or clicking the manual upload link.
- Enter the Hex number (in the format #xxxxxx) to use for the Header Background Color. You can also select the color from a color palette by selecting the box next to the color field.
Select the Template Style to switch to one of InvoiceSherpa's built-in templates from the drop down list. The colors and other information you have selected are retained, but changed to the new style. You can also use your own template, if desired.
Edit the Email Text to use your own wording for the emails that get sent using this template. A number of tools are available to format your email.
To send a preview of the email template, enter the Email Address to receive the preview and select Send Preview.
- Select Save Template.
The Email Preview also shows some basic information that cannot be customized, including the invoice number, the amount due, the due date, the button for paying the invoice (if you have a payment integration set up) and the button to View Invoice PDF, which shows the customer real-time adjustments to the invoice (i.e., any partial payments made since the email reminder was sent). Your company details are also shown at the bottom of the email.