There are two different ways to add a Customer Payment Method.
- Customer payment methods are added to the system automatically when the customers pay their first invoice through InvoiceSherpa.
- If you know the customer payment method, you can add the payment method manually using the Add/Update a Customer screen (see below).
To add a customer's payment method using the Add/Update a Customer screen (2. above), complete the following steps:
- Select Recurring Payments from the left navigation area.
- Select the + Add/Update Customer Payment Method button at the top right of the Customer Payment Methods area of the screen.
A sample Add/Update a Customer screen is illustrated below.
- Enter the Customer name. You can begin entering the first few letters and InvoiceSherpa will show a list of matching customer records. Select the customer for which you want to enter the payment method.
- Select the Payment Gateway you want to use from the drop down list. The Payment Gateway must be connected on the Payment Integrations screen.
For the customer's Billing Address, enter the
- Street Address
- Postal Code
To use a Credit Card to run automatic payments for this customer, enter the following:
- Credit Card Number
- Security Code (3 or 4 digit code)
- Expiration Month
- Expiration Year
To use an ACH/eCheck to run automatic payments for this customer:
- Select the ACH/eCheck tab.
- Enter the Account Number.
- Enter the bank's Routing Number.
- Select the Account Type from the drop down list.
- Select Update Method.